Tuesday, November 05, 2013

LIVE from Boston: Book Tour!

Vol. III, No. 5

It's been a big week for LIVE from Mongolia. For the first time, the book and I went on tour together. We travel well together, just like we did when "book" was just "manuscript," way back in the
Available in St Marks Bookshop, East Village NYC
Mongolian steppe.

Before I left for Boston, I stopped in St Marks Bookshop in the East Village. Right before my eyes, I watched another part of my dream come true - one of the staff members at the bookstore was placing my books on the shelf. Watching that process take place, for this new author, was pretty incredible. And it didn't hurt to be placed in between a book called "Salinger" and a book written by none other than Sonia Sotomayor. (There are three signed copies of LIVE from Mongolia on the shelf at St Marks. Get 'em while the ink is still wet!)

And then I hit the road. It's been a long time since I've been alone on a road trip. On one hand, I was desperately missing my little girl and my guy, but on the other, I was able put my headphones on and crank up the volume on Buddy Holly, opera arias, and The National. Outside my window, New England was busy putting on a beautiful fall show. The leaves were peaking, and the colors explosive. I wished I could remark on all of it to my husband. Alas, the conundrum of traveling alone.

In Boston, I met up with my old college friend Andrea. Back in college, Andrea was one of those
With Andrea Foster at Loews Boston Hotel
Women Who Gets Sh*t Done, and the only difference between Andrea back then and Andrea now is that she is a Woman Who Gets More Sh*t Done. In the space of about four days, she'd suggested a book signing in Boston, planned it, and gotten glamorous hotel space to boot. So Saturday night at Loews Boston Hotel, I spoke to a small but intimate crowd about some things I was a little uncomfortable talking about, but things that people had been asking me about ever since the book was released. But the best part? The best part was getting to hear about other people's dreams.

Thank you to everyone who came, bought books, and shared their dreams with me. And thank you to Andrea for being a "WWGSD," and to John Maibach, Hailey Guzman, and Becca Pavao of Loews Hotel for their generous donation of beautiful space and absolutely unforgettably tasty refreshments and dinner!

LIVE from Mongolia is now available, signed with a special inscription, at Brookline Booksmith.

- Patricia Sexton is the author of LIVE from Mongolia, available on Amazon.com. Follow her on Twitter @PatriciaSexton and on Facebook @LIVEfromMongolia.


No comments: